Flagstaff Metal Roofing
When you think about your home, it’s pretty obvious the roof is one of the most crucial parts of the structure. The majority of residential roofs are traditional shingles, but more and more homeowners are choosing metal roofs. Why the change? Let’s look at some benefits of a metal roof.
Here are a few reasons why a metal roof is a growing choice for protecting you and your family.
Benefits of a Metal Roof
- Low Maintenance – A traditional high-quality shingled roof is designed to need regular maintenance, while only lasting approximately 20 years. A metal roof is designed to last much longer, and the number of repairs needed will be nearly none. The most common repair for a metal roof is a simple, low-cost screw that may need to be replaced or tightened.
- Resistant to Weather – The quality and longevity of a metal roof can protect you from the harshest weather conditions. Water penetration is one of the most common – and costly – repairs with asphalt shingle roofs, but this is rarely the case with a metal roof. Water and snow will easily slide off and metal roofs are incredibly heat resistant.
- Very Energy Efficient – A metal roof is coated with a special sun-deflecting paint, making it very energy efficient. This kind of paint usually carries a 25-year guarantee, making it a huge bang for your buck.
- Environmentally Gentle – The gentleness of a metal roof on the environment is probably not one of the first things that you think about when you choose your roofing system, but metal roofs keep thousands of tons of shingles and other material waste out of America’s landfills. This alone makes metal roofing an incredibly smart choice!
- Increasing the Value of Your Home – Statistics have proven that by installing steel residential roofing, you can increase the value of your home. When comparing a shingled roof to a metal roof, a metal roof can increase your home’s value by more than 5%. This is not only a huge benefit to you, but also to any future buyers who may purchase your house.
Quick-Fact Benefits for Choosing a Metal Roof Over Shingles
- Has the potential to never have to be replaced
- Maintenance costs are next to nothing
- Incredibly weather resistant, no matter the climate
- Energy efficient and cost effective
- Environmentally friendly
- Can increase the value of your home by up to 6 percent
After considering all these benefits of a metal roof, you are probably wondering why everyone hasn’t made the switch. The biggest reason is cost. It is more expensive to install metal roofing systems, but as with any part of your home, you should consider quality and longevity. You get what you pay for, and a roof is no different. It might cost a little more on the front side to install a metal roof, but you will save a huge amount of money in the long run by avoiding all the costly repairs and replacements that come with asphalt shingles.
- The Bottom Line on Flagstaff Metal Roofing
If you purchase a home with traditional shingles and live there for 25-30 years, you can expect to have to replace your asphalt roof at least once. Between weather, wear and tear, and other leaks or damages, costly repairs are pretty much a given. Even though the initial cost is higher for installation, a metal roof will pay for itself over and over in just a few short years.
Finally, you may be thinking a metal roof just won’t look right or give you the curb appeal that you are looking for, but metal roofs have become very stylish. They are available in many styles, colors, and designs making them resemble more traditional materials.
Some of the strongest benefits of metal roofing for residential homes is that they last longer and can be less prone to damage. Metal boosters say these roofs also have environmental benefits, can reduce heating and cooling costs and may lower your homeowner’s insurance rates.
For some people, those benefits outweigh the costs: metal roofing prices can be significantly more expensive than the cost of using asphalt shingles, although that cost is often washed out in the long run.
While a metal roof can cost twice as much in the first year, it can ultimately cost roughly a third of asphalt shingle roofs during the course of 60 years, according to the Metal Roofing Alliance.
Metal roofs come in a variety of products, colors and sizes, from large panels that you might see on commercial buildings, to pieces that are designed to look exactly like traditional asphalt shingles.
- Ready to Make the Switch to A Metal Roof?
As we have discovered, a metal roof is a great option for any home, regardless of where you live. For more information on the benefits of Flagstaff metal roofing, call us today and let our experts show you the options!
metal roofs for Flagstaff homes